Go Back   Performance Probe Forum > First Generation Probes (1989-1992) > Buy, Sell, & Trade

Buy, Sell, & Trade Whether you're looking to get something for your first generation Probe, or get rid of something, this forum is for posting your requests and offers.

Reply Please read Forum Rules Before Posting

Old October 31st, 2011, 7:41 am   #1
clamptastic

clamptastic is on a distinguished road

Trader Rating: 0 (0%)

Default 1991 Ford Probe LX Front Engine Mount, Transmission Mount, Front Wheel Hub Assembly?

Hi I was wondering where to buy a Front Engine Mount, a Transmission mount, and a front wheel hub assembly for my 1991 ford probe lx. It's a v6 automatic. I looked at so many places and thought I found it but when I called or tried to order they told me they either don't have stock or don't carry the parts for my specific car. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
clamptastic was last online November 17th, 2011 11:44 pm  
Old October 31st, 2011, 1:24 pm   #2
bryan_johnson

bryan_johnson is on a distinguished road

Trader Rating: 2 (100%)

I've purchased both mounts from Autozone in the past for my old 90' LX and they fit just fine. As far as the wheel hub, they are not availble from Ford any longer but Mazda may be able to order a new one (~$120 as I recall). I think you have to tell them it's for a MX-6 GT, US built, of the same year. I seem to recall the base model uses a different hub while the LX w/V-6 shared the hubs from the Probe GT and MX6-GT.

You can get one from a junkyard for about 1/3 the price but you want to make sure that it's either in good shape (no wobbling) because when they get really bad they tend to spin the inner race against the hub and ruin it. I had to dig around a bit to find a good hub and then just put new bearings in it anyway.
bryan_johnson was last online October 26th, 2013 4:33 am  
Old October 31st, 2011, 3:56 pm   #3
clamptastic

Ok great I actually just found the front engine mount and transmission mount at partsgeeks and now the front wheel hub assembly is what I'm looking for. I tried google and ebay. Nothing so far but is there a picture of what it looks or I guess a link? Thank you btw. I hope it helps broaden the search
Old October 31st, 2011, 5:40 pm   #4
clamptastic

Is this what I'm looking for? http://www.lowmileageparts.com/1991-...ont-37305.aspx
Old November 1st, 2011, 2:58 am   #5
bryan_johnson

bryan_johnson is on a distinguished road

Trader Rating: 2 (100%)

That's the entire spindle/hub assembly (that not the exact picture of the one on your car but it's a decent representation). The spindle is the part that connects to the tie rod, strut, and ball joint and will have mounting holes fo the caliper to bolt to. The wheel bearing is pressed into the spindle, and the hub (the part that the wheel bolts to) is pressed into the bearing. If you buy a used part, you'll almost always get this entire assembly.

I also seem to recall that the spindle changed slightly between 90-91 where the post for the tie rod increased in diameter...but any decent junkyard can get you the right spindle. ABS or w/o ABS is probably different as well. I'd expect ot pay closer to $40-50 for good one, the price on that website is a bit steep. Check www.car-part.com, I have never used them to locate a part but they can search multiple salvage yards.
bryan_johnson was last online October 26th, 2013 4:33 am  
Old November 8th, 2011, 8:32 pm   #6
clamptastic

Update

So Partsgeeks has the right engine mount but the wrong transmission mount. I just found out when my mechanic called. I'm gonna see what their return policy is. I'm still looking for the hub assembly. I'm gonna see if the pick a part has an inventory of my car. Man bummed about the transmission mount.
Old November 8th, 2011, 8:39 pm   #7
PROBEGT

Intermediate Aficionado

PROBEGT is Male     Hot Topic Group Member WCPOC Member
West Coast Probe Owners Club 

Vehicle: 89 Probe GT, 90 Probe GT

PROBEGT is a jewel in the roughPROBEGT is a jewel in the roughPROBEGT is a jewel in the rough

Trader Rating: 16 (94%)

The nuckle was change in 90 and all 90-92 use the same one, they use a longer tirrod end but you can also use one from an 88-89.Aas the longer tirrod end isnt a factor from going from an 90+ to an 88-89.

Also abs will play a bigger factor in this as well if you can not find one and need one you can also have a shop drill and tap the holes for ya

Looking for f-con parts? PM me I can find what you're looking for.

Atrodeoch,slyjr143
PROBEGT was last online July 23rd, 2014 6:49 pm  
Old November 9th, 2011, 2:42 pm   #8
clamptastic

the mechanic told me a mazda 626 rear transmission mount will work. Anyone agree?