Go Back   Performance Probe Forum > Second Generation Probes (1993-1997) > Troubleshooting

Troubleshooting Ask questions concerning problems with a second generation Probe.

Reply Please read Forum Rules Before Posting

Old January 29th, 2010, 1:48 am   #1
pooma

pooma is Female     

Vehicle: '93 PSE

pooma is on a distinguished road

Trader Rating: 0 (0%)

Default out of no where, stalling on me.

hi there everyone

i have been sick for a week and have not started my probe, this morning when i did to go to work it started no problems. stopped and got gas and then went to work. on my lunch i started it again no problems got my lunch. but on my way back i had stopped again turned the car off and then went back and turned it back on. (sorry if it sounds confusing )

anyway, as i was pulling into my parking space it stalled as i was turning in. the following lights came on (fuel cutout, check engine and anti-lock brakes). I kinda shrugged it off and thought maybe not being driven for over a week it just was having a moment.

on my way home started up just fine when when i was stopped at a light the car began to shake and then check engine came on with fuel cutout and it died and took me a few tries to get it going. it happened again so i got smart and while sitting at the rest of the lights on my route i threw it in neutral and just kept the rpms up and then have to get it back in drive at the right time -_- and finally while braking to get into my drive way it died again and just rolled on down where it sits now. i went out about an hour ago to move it and started fine.

so what is going on!? my car is a 93 pse with 62k on it. checked the oil and thats ok (needs to be changed but nothing horrible) checked to make sure things were not loose and nothing. also, my motor ever since i had it was always a little hot. never thought anything of it.

any help is great thanks!
pooma was last online August 25th, 2010 4:00 am  
Old January 29th, 2010, 2:02 am   #2
mcdonn

mcdonn is Male     Hot Topic Group Member NEPO Member
North East Probe Owners 

Vehicle: Red 95 GT (Shinku) Black 96 GT (Dark Maiden) Green 96 SE

mcdonn has a spectacular aura aboutmcdonn has a spectacular aura about

Trader Rating: 8 (100%)

View mcdonn's Garage
Default Get your battery voltage checked.

Get your battery voltage checked with the engine off and engine running. Especially if you can check it while it is acting up. If it checks OK, pull any stored codes. Guesses are dying battery, bad cell in battery, failing alternator (these are why the voltage check) Failing that, I would look at the IAC.
mcdonn was last online May 2nd, 2017 2:00 pm  
Old January 29th, 2010, 2:12 am   #3
pooma

pooma is Female     

Vehicle: '93 PSE

pooma is on a distinguished road

Trader Rating: 0 (0%)

when i was driving it all the gauges inside were fine too. i am taking it to my mechanic tomorrow though to see whats wrong =/
pooma was last online August 25th, 2010 4:00 am  
Old January 29th, 2010, 2:14 am   #4
csoehn

Elite Aficionado

csoehn is Male     

Vehicle: 91 PGT, 89 PGT

csoehn is a jewel in the roughcsoehn is a jewel in the roughcsoehn is a jewel in the rough

Trader Rating: 76 (100%)

View csoehn's Garage

im not a 2nd gen guru by any means, but i would say fuel pump, or corrosion on your fuel cut-off switch

or as mcdonn said it could be an electrical problem like alternator....if it starts fine im guessing the battery is okay

could also be a faulty MAF sensor
csoehn was last online October 14th, 2017 5:43 pm